Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Malaga, Spain

Hi Everyone,So I am in Spain now staying in a very nice little city called Malaga on the Costa del Sol. This is where Pablo Ruiz Picasso was born. I went to a little museum they have here which has a nice comprehensive exhibit of the masterĀ“s works. Oh how I love the way this man painted and drew pictures. Spain is wonderful for looking around in Museums. It is also wonderful for lots of other stuff too, more on this in a minute.When you guys last heard from me I was in Marakech Morocco. I went for a 3 day trek into the Sahara and the Atlas mountains looking at and exploring beautiful caves gorges and mountain vistas and then off into the unbelievable Sahara dessert. Most of Morrocco as far as I could tell is a lot like the dessert of New Mexico Arizona or the Mojave in Califonia. the coast is of course different, and the Sahara is just amazing. We rode camels into the sand dunes and camped out with bedouins and gazed at the stars and the meteorites in a totally black moonless night. It was fantastic!! Camels are cool. Our camels were friendly and they let us pet them scratch their ears and were not mean as I have been told.In my life I have riden horses. mules. donkeys. elephants and now camels can be added to the list. What an accomplishment for a kid like me. All you who know me for many years are probably wondering if this is the same kid no one thought would ever live to see his 21st birthday. Well Surprise!Surprise! Surprise! will wonders never cease?Got to hang around with some berber kids and played drums with them while they sang/chanted and drank tea with us. Very cool time. Met some arab people and also some black africans. All in All I had a lovely time. Morroco is not for everyone but I really liked it.I was only there for 12 days but it was mostly a lot of fun.So now I am back in Spain and in Malaga on the southern coast. I have had a bit of Malaga wine which is the same as sherry but grown here and not in Xeres. I have found a little cantina where they have about 20 55 gallon casks of different Malaga wines. and a glass costs 90 euro cents. Well... what can I say?I am going to go now and cut this short. Just wanted to update those of you who may have wondered where I was and what I was up to. I will probably stay in Spain for another month or so and then fly to USA for a few weeks before going to South America.

Asta Luego

Roberto


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home