Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

travel update from Capilla del monte argentina

Saludos a todos,
I am here now. I was in Villa General Belgrano, for a week after I left Rosario. I was there then. It is a tourist trap town in the beautiful Sierras de Cordoba. A group of low mountains in the State of Cordoba near the city of Cordoba. I expect to spend the rest of my time in Argentina in this area. I may have a few days of a week in a city called Resistancia on my way to Paraguay, but if not I will remain in this delightful region.
It is beautiful and well maintained forests and streams and lakes. Not heavily populated but this time of the year is temporada alta (high season) and the tourists/vacationers are here in force from Buenos Aires and Cordoba and Rosario, anxious to escape the hot citys for a week or two of calm cool tranquility. I liked my hostel/campground just fine in Villa Gral Belgrano. It is calle El Rincon Albergue and I would stay there again if I returned, which is unlikely as the town itself is a tourist ripoff. Every thing way overpriced. A giant outdoor gift shop and souvenir emporium. Yyeeeechhh!
I am here now. In Capilla del Monte in the Sierras de Córdoba It is a center of new age thinking and culture. My guide book calls it a center of "Mystic tourism" lots of buddha statues, prayer beads, dream catchers and incense for sale. The most famous place here in Capille del Monte is Cerro Uritorco . Cerro Uritorco is a small mountain. the name cerro actually means hill. It is famous because it is said to be magic and there have been countless Ovni (UFO) sitings there. It is said to be a portal to another dimensional world. It is said to give off "buenos ondas" (good waves)
It is a hill of extreme intelligence. Not all hills are equal. Some are just smarter than others just like humans, and this here is a smart hill. It was sacred to the indigenous people for centuries (they have, of course, all been killed off) , and now the local new age hipsters are here doing various indian ceremonies, temescals, and eating san pedro cactus. I have met quite a few of the local hep cats and now, after having been here for a week, I am moving into the home of a local cool artist/ musician named Miguel.
The home is made of mortar and stones. The roofs are not flat, but rounded. The house hasn`t got an easy to define shape, it is rather unique. The best part, is it has a very nice garden. The garden has a clear view of the magic mountain. It will be an excellent place to sit quietly and let the energy waves float off the mountain and onto me. The worst part is it has no refrigerator. No icy cold drinks. No buying more than a couple of days of food at a time.
I met a local San Pedro "expert" named Luis, and he and some of his pals invited me along to a place 10km from town called Paredones (big walls). This is one of the rare times in my travels where I truly wished I had a camera. This was one of the most beautiful walking paths ever! There are high steep multi colored walls of stone surrounding a lovely cool mountain stream which forms many natural bathing pools. Lush all around with healthy live green vegetation. Just one word to describe it...delightful.
Luis has invited me to return there with him and stay the night in a secluded cabin where he will introduce me to his friend Mescalito. Mescalito lives in the san pedro cactus of South America and he lives in the peyote cactus of North America. I may have something to learn from "father peyote" I am considering his offer. I am probably going to try it. What do you folks out there think?
Peace and love,
rambling robert

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that lies." Mark Twain
"In the Orthodox spiritual tradition, the ultimate moral question we ask is the following: Is what we are doing, is what I am doing, beautiful or not?" Carolyn Gifford
"The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach." Carl Jung

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

There was no email address so I'm posting this as a comment. Please remove after reading so as not to distract from your page.

--------------

Robert

Hi

This is a selective invite to a new forum. By 'selective' it means that those whom I have sent this invitation to is because I found something interesting with their writing and fields of interest on their website, blog, or from somewhere else and sometimes it was just the feeling I got between the lines that I thought they might be interested in this type of forum.

It's called, Nowhere Forum and whenever convenient please visit to have a look and read the introduction, "Welcome to Nowhere Forum" in the 'Center' section to get an idea of the intent for it. It has been been online for a few months now and has 37 participants thus far. There's no rush to fill it up with names or postings, the premise is somewhat different than other forums and the reasons for that are also noted in the intro.

Though this invitation can be regarded as a solicitation for registrants, my personal attitude is more that I'm letting some individuals know of a place on the map and they can decide for themselves if it suits their itineraries. :)

Thank You and Best Wishes

Daniel

http://sitesetis.com/nowhereforum

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home