Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

last update from vilcabamba??

Saludos a todos,
I am still in Vilcabamba Ecuador. This will be my last update from here. I own a ticket to Montevideo for 27 October and will next update you all from Uruguay. I havent been writing much because, I havent been travelling much.
I have been very ¨kick back¨ these last few months. Mostly I have been concentrating on my spiritual growth regimen. I have been meditating about 5 times a week at the vilcabamba meditation center and also meditating at home. I have nice talks with Charlie, a spiritually evolved bartender, Bernie a spiritually evolved construction worker and many other characters who have passed over my trail. A new acquaintence loaned me a copy of ¨Tertium Organum¨ and I became reacquainted with the fourth dimension and the higher and lower cosmoses. I reread Marshal Mcluhans ¨Understanding Media¨ and got a whole new take on creative communication in the sense that the way we communicates creates reality, and now I am reading Eckhart Tolle ¨New Earth¨and gathering new data on my constant nemises, that is, my own ego!!
To be in such a tranquilo place and to read about military coupe and police take over government on the radio is such a re affirmation that what we believe is real is what is real. I mean people are rioting in Guayaquil, because they think the president is dead, and here in Vilcabamba we dont even know that the police are on strike! Meanwhile my friend, a german expat named Hans, who teaches archery through zen has some burrows (donkeys) and the female just birthed a baby boy burrow. I just saw him yesterday when he was 3 days old. so cute!! Such a sweet sense of reality.
So I am gonna make this a very short update and Just want to say thanks to those of you who have written lately. Shayne and Greg in Kiwi land and Chef Greg in Babylon, Hobo Andy and brother Eric, I am alive and doing fine. Still planning to go to Lithuania in May then Latvia estonia and Finland.Then cross siberia this next summer en route to mongolia and nepal. I will update all of you again from Uruguay,
Peace and Love
Robert
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." Robert Louis Stevenson
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung
"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since." Salvador Dali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home