Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

christmas in Oaxaca

Saludos a todos!
I am in the lovely city of Oaxaca Mexico. I have been here since first of December and will be staying until January 30. i am renting a room from a family here whom I rented from before (in 2006). It costs 2000 pesos a month ($150.00 American) and it includes a private bathroom with hot water(solar heater) and use of the kitchen with stove and oven and free purified water which is necessary here in the Mexican United States(Estatos Unidos Mexicanos). Here Oaxaca is a state as well as a city. Like New York.
I am having a slow time. Reading a lot, meditating in my room I have set up my normal little shrine (relicario) with my little wood statue of Buddha and an assorment of stones from the garden and a clay bowl filled with sand for my jah sticks. It is very comfortable here. I am content for the most part. i miss my friends and family and of course Estelita. but I am happy and content on my own. It is a normal way of life for me. After I leave here at the end of January I will head on down to Guatemala and stay a while at Lago Atitlan and meet up with some travellers I know there, Neal and Merry from South Africa and Grant from Australia (british colombia)from there to El Salvador and from there to South America and Vilcabamba.
Not a big update this time just a little holiday hello to you all. So i will go now and let you go back to your merry making. I am alive and doing fine and still on the road following the path less travelled...
Peace and Love to you all in this year and the next
robert

"Ordinary riches can be stolen from a man. Real riches cannot. In the treasure-house of your soul, there are infinitely precious things that may not be taken from you." - Oscar Wilde
"I wish that I was where I am." - Gertrude Stein

"The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the others willing to let them." - Robert Frost

1 Comments:

Blogger hotspringfreak said...

Robert,

I'm a friend of Andy Graham's and have been living in Panajachel - say hello when you get to Atitlan.

Chris Smith

hotspringfreak AT gmail.com

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home