Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

greetings from Oaxaca

Hello everyone.
I am in a beautiful Mexican city called Oaxaca (Wah-ha-kah). It is great here. I am renting a private room with a private bathroom and hot shower, use of the kitchen and my own shelf and drawer in the refrigerator and free drinking water (as important here as in California where no one drinks the tap water either)and free use of a bicycle for only 50 pesos a day. ( a little less than 5 dollars). I am feeling rather fit and I have been cycling all over the place. Its a little hilly but not too bad.
I weighed myself today and weigh 71 kilos (156 pounds)I remember on New years eve of 2004/2005 I was 212 pounds!! I feel very good and I can only attribute the weight loss to my change in lifestyle from being a chef to being a traveller.
I leave Mexico on April 25 and fly to Miami Florida USA. The plan is to go to North Carolina and visit friends and go to L.E.A.F music festival in Asheville from May 12 to May 14. I expect to Arrive in Denver on or about May 16 and visit more friends (John and Suzie and hopefully Chef Scott C.)and take some yoga lessons until about May 24 then off to Petaluma California to visit more friends for a week or so and then to Paso Robles to see R.Binius and all my old pals for about 10 days and then to San Diego to see more friends and then to the East Coast to New Hampshire and then to the New York City/North New Jersey area to see family and friends until July 10 when I fly to Dublin Ireland.From there I fly Ryanair to Salzburg Austria on the 13th for about a month or 2. Then off to Egypt. Aye,Aye,Aye!!!
I am loving Mexico. It is the seventh time I have been here but the first time to Oaxaca.The food is Mexicos very best. Great fish, Napales,Tlayudas, great Mole sauces, fried insects (yecchhhh!!) and Mezcal. This is also the chocolate and coffee capital of Mexico. Who could ask for anything more?
I have been in Latin America now since Feb 19 2005. From Ushuia to Cancun. It has been a wonderful time. I didnt get to all the countries of South America I wanted to go to, but I will surely return someday and get to the ones I missed.
I went to see the largest tree in Mexico in a little park just outside the city limits. About 30km bicycle ride there and back with my excellent travelling buddy Carsttin from Copenhagen. Hot, and sweaty but not bad and actually quite fun. One Big ass tree lemme tell you!! Not as tall as the giant Sequoias of the "Good Old USA" but just as wide. They have a picture of 30 guys standing around it holding hands.
This will likely be my last update until I leave Mexico. As always I hope this little letter finds all of you happy and healthy. If any of you are going to be near where I will be in the next 3 months e-mail me and maybe we can see each other.
Here is a little something to think about:
"It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting" Paulo Coehlo... Well my dream of travelling the world is definately coming true and it sure as heck is interesting!! I hope I find my true lifes legend and maybe run into an alchemist or two to boot,eh?
Nothing but Love,
Rambling Robert,the world traveler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home