Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Morro Bay, California

Hi Everyone,
Greetings from the USA, I flew into America on 1/15 and have been visiting in North Carolina and Florida for the last 2 or 3 weeks, visiting with friends and family members who very graciously hosted me, fed me(like a king!!!) housed me, drove me around,took me out, did my laundry,and generally fussed over me and made me feel real good. Got to dip my toes in the good old atlantic ocean it was like seeing an old friend, a little too cool for swimming but my brother and I took a nice long walk along Del Rey Beach and had a very nice reunion after not seeing one another for almost 2 years.Good old Dad drove me to the airport at 5 in the morning for a 7am flight to California. How cool is that? Mom packed me a lunch of trail mix, fried chicken and an eggplant parmigaian sandwich and 9 hours later I was in San Luis Obispo. Only to discover that Delta Airlines lost my backpack in Los Angeles. But not so bad, they had at least found it and they sent it 3 hours later on the next flight. So they covered it and I was cool.I was greeted at the airport by my loved one,Kimmy,and 4 of my bestest pals and buddies. I knew Kimmy was coming and I thought RB was coming but what a lovely surprise to be met by all those other folks too. So I went today to the Meals on Wheels charity kitchen where I was a volunteer with Kimmy and then we all hung out with the M-0-W girls for a while and told stories and got caught up, over in the Pismo Beach Methodist Church. It is so great to see so many of my old friends,my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. And staying with Kimmy on her avocado farm is so beautiful and restful and healthy for me, I just feel fabulous.I forgot how breathtaking the California Central Coast sunsets are. Best i have so far seen on this here planet.I will be here in San Luis Obispo for another week or so and then go to Petaluma and stay with my lifelong pals up there and leave some stuff to store with them and then on the 15th of February I go to Argentina for a little 6 month trip to South America. I have never been south of Costa Rica on the Western Hemisphere and soon I will be in Tierra Del Fuego watching Penguins from the southern most point in the Americas. In the meanwhile I still have to take care of some little business stuff like a drivers license and replace some credit cards and drink some fine wines and party like a big bad dog with Kim and my friends and dip my toes in the pacific and "build a web page" to Blog from and watch the superbowl and play some poker and...

Thats all for now, I will send the next update from Argentina.

Peace OutRobert


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home