Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Friday, January 02, 2009

first update of 2009

January 1,2009 The first day of the new year.
It is Early morning In Bogota. It is a holiday, a day of rest for Bogota. I am up early I am a Madrugo (a person who rises early, a person of the Dawn). I like to walk around in a big city while it is still asleep. To hear its quiet.
There are only words because there is silence. Without silence, there are no words. Without space there are no planets. The universe is mostly space with a few "heavenly bodies" scattered around, here and there. The world is mostly silence with a few words scattered around here and there.
I have been to quite a few museums lately, the Colombians are (as a group) extraordinary painters. When I see a painting, I see the paint, the colors, the images and shapes, but there is none of this without the canvas. The canvas is the silent witness and the paint is the noise. It is easy to hear the words of the paint, one must listen deeply to hear the whispering of the canvas below.
There are street people on the sidewalks of Bogota. Just like any city anywhere in this, the world that men have created. i want to say "Happy new year ( Felice año nuevo)" to them. but...what kind of a year will 2009 be for these men and women, these children of an apparently lesser god. We (all to often) fail to see the role these men and women play in the Leyla. God´s great game. We don't understand that everything, every person, every weed, every bug plays a role. Plays a part in the grand Leyla.
We think "oh, if someone does something that I appreciate I will love him. I will pay him. he will be taken care of he will be protected and preserved". Of course this is the way of men. But what of the contributions we don't appreciate, we don't recognize? The contributions of the weeds? of the mosquitoes? of the "down and out"? Do we not love them?
I remember an old gospel song. it goes like this:
"Jesus loves the little children
All the little children of the world
Be they yellow black or white
they are precious in his sight
Surely Jesus loves the children of the world"
Collateral damage. GW Bush´s lasting contribution to the English language. Does Jesus not love the children who fall into the category of collateral damage? Do they not count?Are they children of a lesser god? Children of somebody Else's god? How many gods are there anyway? Are the weeds children of a lesser god than the Redwood trees? Sure there is always collateral damage in any massacre...There is always collateral damage sleeping on the sidewalks of our cities.
But why? Is there an answer in the words of men? I think not. I think the answer is in the silence of the lord. So i will be silent. i will speak of this no more (for now)
I have been a traveler (unemployed and homeless) for the past 6 New Year Eves
31/12/2003 I was in La Jolla California USA
31/12/2004 I was in Seville Spain
31/12/2005 I was on Ometepe Island Nicaragua
31/12/2006 I was in Aurangabad India
31/12/2007 I was on Don Det Island DPR Laos
31/12/2008 I am in Bogota Colombia
The more I travel the more I realize that I am never going anywhere. Like a man sitting in an automobile, the car is moving but I am sitting perfectly still. My body, my earthly body travels all over the earth. my soul my spiritual body is sitting perfectly still inside my earthly body, my corpse is moving but I am as I am. Always right here, always right now.
Colombia is not a good country to be a vegetarian! There are loads of Pizza restaurants but they do not sell pizzas that have no meat. There are loads of cheap fix price lunches but these too, all feature meat. I went to a pizza place and asked for a pizza slice without meat and he suggested the Hawaiian pizza which has pineapple peppers and ham. I said "well uhhh ham is meat isn't it?" and he said with a big smile "Yes! but it has less meat than the others!" Aah yes its good to be stupid, no doubt about it. I need to watch more terror-vision. I am not using the right shampoo...
I just finished a book by James Gleick called "Chaos". It is about physics and specifically about turbulence and non linear systems. Very interesting stuff. It is amazing to me how much of the universe is understood by humans. The problem is that most of us are not in the sub set of humanity that is aware on a personal individual level of any of the knowledge that has been accumulated by the human race as a group. Most people I am afraid, simply don't read or spend any time whatsoever in contemplation of the human condition or the condition of the planet, instead we want someone else to change. We want our leaders to change but we don't want to change. We are convinced the problem is the other guy and not us.
Gurdjieff told Ouspensky the best thing we can do for our fellow man is to work on our self. I think this is true. We can only change the world by changing our self's. I have come to believe that the only change any of us can affect is to change ourselves. Most of us are so selfish and so pleasure oriented that we don´t care how much suffering our behavior or our desires generate as long as we have some temporary satisfaction. We don't care what the consequence of shrimp fishing in the oceans are as long as we get our Shrimp Scampi dinners. We want the Brazilians to stop slash cutting the rain forests but they only do it so they can graze beef cattle.We say we care about the health of the worlds forests but we wipe our asses with paper. Not really the kind of personal behavior one would expect of someone who cares for the environment, eh?
I have enjoyed my stay here in Bogota Colombia. I have really enjoyed the art museums and the beauty of the city. The city has a strange and harsh beauty. I cant really quite understand the attraction but I am attracted and like to be in cities.
Tomorrow, i will go to a small village called Villa Leyva and hang out in a much more natural environment with mountains and waterfalls where a man can be a human being and not a cog in a giant machine. I need to meditate and take some long walks in clean fresh air and listen to the music of the bugs and the wind and the free flowing water...
So Now I will close this update with a few quotes from some people who have spent some time in contemplation of the human condition. I hope this update finds all of you in good health and high spirits.
Peace and Love to all who read these words,
Rambling Robert

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." W.A. Mozart

"Talk of imminent threat to our national security through the application of external force is pure nonsense. Indeed it is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear." Douglas MacArthur

"What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world." Robert E. Lee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gordon Elletson of Cdo , Cagayan de Oro, Philippines claims to have PTSD do to combat experiences but how can that be as he never saw any serrious combat like that which Bradley Hughes fought gallantly in. Now for the truth. Gordon Elletson was molested as a child and has admitted this on public forum. This in all probability is the cause of his PTSD as well as his abuse of drugs, alcohol, women and children. Many studies have shown that victims of child abusers grow often into predators who abuse children. It is like a dog, if you beat dog etc he will become aggressive. Could this sexual abuse in Gordon's past be the cause of why he grew into a abuser? Also after being used sexually by a man he may have doubted his manhood. This may be the cause of Gordy Elletson going around trying to feel like a real man by hitting women and small children.



The bad thing is unlike the dog in paragraph above Gordon " TexKano " Elletson rationalizes his behavior by using his various mental illnesses as a defense so he doesn't have to face fault of his actions. In many ways though the dog has more sense than Gordon Elletson as the dog knows not to shit where it sleeps , sadly Gordy Elletson does not. To see evidence of this one needs to only read his own biography and how he abused his ex-wives by hitting them then moved to the Philippines where he brutally abused Xavier Madlangbayan by hitting him with a cane in the middle of a US embassy outreach function held at Pryce Plaza hotel in CDO , Cagayan de Oro, Philippines.



Gordon is mentally ill though and must stay highly medicated in order to function in society, he has admitted this on a site. But even more evidence is how he called his American wives bitches and stuff because they left his abusive ass. Is he so stupid to not see they did not like to be abused nor should any person be subjected to abuse. He then in Philippines carried on this bullshit attitude and after beating Xavier Madlangbayan went home and bragged about it openly on the Internet. He then called Dr. Severino Madlangbayan , a highly respected member of the Iligan community, a banana eating monkey for getting angry about having his small grandson beaten in a public environment.

Gordon though in his mentally deranged state justifies these inexcusable actions just as he justified putting Bradley Hughes , Jerry Olson and others on his nonsensical wall of same.



It is my belief that Gordon Elletson poses a threat to the community and should either leave on his own or face deportation. In fact his mental illness alone is enough to block his immigration into Philippines as one of stipulations of the RA13 is that person must not suffer from serious mental illness, especially those which cause them to be violent in public.



The real victim in this crime is Xavier Madlangbayan as he suffered emotional trauma due to abuse at the hands of Gordon Elletson. In fact Xaviers mother, Margie Madlangbayan, stated on public forum that Xavier stated several times on the way to court ""mommy,is Gordon going to be there?what if he hits me again? To which she replied "Xavier,he will pay for what he did.He will never put his hands on you again,over my dead body." I find her comment very great as it would be the comment of any parent in the situation as parental instincts cross all cultural lines and all of us who are parents would also fight to the end of the world in protection of our children.



They say it takes a village to raise a child so let us join together and make our voices heard so we can bring this fatass Gordon Elletson to justice and insure that no other Filipino children face abuse at the hands of this violent foreign monster who not only abuses children but is also arrogant (or crazy) enough to brag online about his disgusting actions.



For more info on Gordon Elletson please see link below.



http://sexpatswallofshame.blogspot.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home