Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Travel update from Boynton Beach Florida

Hello Everyone,
I havent written a travel update in about 2 months! Wow! Well a lot of you have written to see if I am okay and that is nice of you. I am fine and well. I am back in the USA with all its joys and happiness and frustrations. I am doing business with my banks and my ATM card and getting new credit cards and paying my taxes and visiting a few friends and my parents and brothers.
I went on a 5 day road trip with an old travelling mate. USA is VERY expensive to travel in. We toured the apalachian mountains on the Bluie Ridge parkway and through the backroasds of North Carolina and Virginia and South Carolina and Georgia.
Jahhh-hahhh-hahh What a beautiful country! Apalachian mountains is where the hillbillies are from. The music and foods of this region are unique. They dont eat or play music like this anywhere else, that I know of.
I have been to 46 of the 50 states of the USA and to 57 countries. I love the beauty of the apalachians. The wetlands of the coast are also superb for birdwatching.
We went to the Great Dismal Swamp (on the border of Virginia and North carolina on the atlantic) and then we went to the Okefenokie swamp (on the border of Georgia and Florida also on the atlantic coast). These are bvoth National Wildlife Reserves. It is free to enter and there are dozens of guided trails and boardwalks over the marshes. We saw a cool black snake, lots of animal footprints, lots of bear claw marks on trees and trail posts but no black bears. countless lizards frogs turtles and other stuff and of course Birds Birds Birds. a week later I visited Green Cay state park On the East coast of Florida. It too is a wildlife preserve and here I saw also many birds (much much more than in the two previous parks ) and also a couple of large aligators, many large turtles and all kinds of cool stuff.
I had a good visit (too short but...)to my old home of California and got to see a few of my many friends but because of time constraints I didnt get to see a lot of the people I had planned to see. Alas, Even a guy like me has time constraints. I ate like a pig and drank like a fish and partied like a rock star with my old mates and had lots of laughs hugs and teary eyed remembrances. I got new shoes. I saw my beloved redwood trees on the lovely Russian River. I got my head together. I got to eat lots of great cheeses and tamales and pizza and got to drink some of the worlds finest and rarest wines. I learned to play root ball.
In a few days I will be flying to South America. my next update will be from there. I will be in mancora Peru for a while. A lovely little beach town on the coast of Peru near Ecuador. I will be spending my time with a woman I know and love.I am ready to be out of this country again. I love to come back and i love to leave.
Here, then are a couple of notable quotes to ponder uontil the next update...Peace and Love to all who read these words.
Rmbling Robert
"When two men quarrel, the one who yields first displays the nobler nature."-Talmud
"A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it."- John Steinbeck
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home