Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Monday, November 07, 2011

travel update from Babylon

Hello Everyone,

I want to thank those of you who have written to express concern over not hearing from me for such a long time. When I wrote last i was in Chitwan National Park in Nepal. It is said that Nepal gets its name from "Never Ending Peace And Love". I can see how the rumor got started. I really really enjoyed my stay in this fine country. Oh by the way the day after the last update, I did go out on elephant safari and I did see the rare and endagered one horn rhinocerous. The legendary unicorn of Asia.

That evening, I got word from my father that my mother was gravely ill and He wanted me to return to Florida (Babylon) USA and help him take care of her. She was a cigarette smoker for 60 years. She is suffering from fourth stage agressive lung cancer and her prognosis is very bleak indeed.

I will remain here in Florida as a care giver for as long as I am needed or until I totally freak out! I do not love it here. But I feel that this is the right thing to do and really from a moral point of view I feel like there is simply no other option. To put one's self in an uncomfortable place, or position, or especially into the company of unpleasant people for the sake of another or some other moral cause, is what Mr. Gurdjieff used to call "intentional suffering and conscious labor", the keys to enlightenment!

I have never before been in any kind of "hospice" situation, so this is all new for me. I would sure love to hear from anyone out there who has gone through this kind of thing with a mother father or some other loved one. I feel this is a time of spiritual growth for me and I am making the best of it. I am trying to ease my mothers passing into the next "World". Just trying to make her comfortable, cook her favorite foods, hold her hand and bake her brownies...

There will be few updatges until I begin travelling again. You can all check the blog

www.robertstravels.blogspot.com

and I will probably be making some occasional posts. Here then are a few quotes to say so long with.

Peace and love,

Robert

" We are sheep kept to provide wool for our masters who feed us and keep us as slaves of illusion. But we have a chance of escape and our masters are anxious to help us, but we like being sheep. It is comfortable." Gurdjieff

"I do not believe making money in order to consume goods is mankind's sole purpose on this planet. If you're wondering what I believe our purpose on this planet is, I'll give you a hint. It has to do with creating and sharing." Bill Hicks

"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." Gilbert K. Chesterton

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robert,
We met at vilcabamba one night in September 2010 if my memory serves me well was a party and they (the guys that sells all type of jewelry) We talked about universe, etc.)were cooking some fish all the way down the house by the fire pit. You offered to come and take few lessons on meditation too. Never made it.
Regarding your mother you might want to look at the latest book of Jim Humble on MMS. You got many options also using a nebuliser and colloidal silver. Another amazing healing plant is Pau D'Arco (Taheebo) tea. This is some amazing plant healing spirit man
In any case I read your blog man! and it is good. Look into essiac tea amazing for cancer too www.essiacUS.com
You can reach me at ayahuesca@live.com if you ever want to chat...
Good luck dear friend

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot one of the most important thing brother
She should be taking 20000IU/per day of vitamin D3 with magnesium and vitamin K2. Look into vitamin D it is crucial to recover. There is no such thing as an incurable cancer unless we are called back home!
www.iherb.com has it all
Best vitamin D3 brand is healthy origin and they carry 10000 IU
magnesium is Peter Gillham's Magnesium organic raspberry (most magnesium now is gmo and sucks)
Super K with advance K2 complex from life extension.
When she starts feeling better she drops to 10000 IU per day

3:31 PM  
Blogger Glenn Miyasaki said...

What you are doing is a very compassionate act of gratitude. You shall not regret spending this time with your mother. My mother is still here with us at 86, but my dad passed away 19 years ago, and though I miss him very much, the last weeks were very important, and I smile at the memories, rather than cry at the loss. Best wishes for a Happy New Year and peace in 2012.
Your old friend,
Saki

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Congratulations Admin! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.
honeymoon

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home