Rambling Robert's Travels

This blog chronicals the travels of myself, Rambling Robert, on my next adventure to South America.

My Photo
Name:

I am a world traveller. I do not work as such. I have been homeless and unemployed since 1October 2003. I worked as a chef for 30 years in America.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Mancora Peru

Well here I am on The second of July in Mancora. It is a small beach town in the northwest corner of Peru on the Atlantic coast. It is village in two parts. The southern half is a travelers destination with lots of hostals hospedajes and hotels and the north is a typical small Peruian fishing villge. It is know (the southern part) for having some of the best surfing on the Atlantic coast of South America. So the way gnarly dudes from all over the world come here and the waves are totally awsome dude. Radical surf. Lots of Rasta white guys selling crochet work and ganja and lots of young beauties in bikinis and lots of older traveleres (Over 25. I guess I am one of them) here to just relax in a very cheap chill beautiful beach. There are beautiful walks along white sand beach for many kilometers. I have been here for a week and will stay at least another week.
I am in a recomended hostel with great location and potential and shitty management. It is also noisy at night. It has a lovely swimming pool and a very good restaurant. It costs $4.50 per night for a private room with cold water, which is just fine in this climate.
I met a wonderful Austrian woman named Angela and we have eeen constant companions for the last 4 days and nights. We are really deeply in Like. And find it difficult to keep our hands off one another. I am brown and relaxed and in a very good mood. She is gonna start teaching me some yoga. She is a 38 year old civil engineer who has been living here in Mancora for a while and sells organic vegan breads and pastries from off her bicycle on the beach and around the village. She speaks English Spanish and German. We are in Like. Big time.
I am really enjoying Peru a lot more now. I liked it fine before but the last two weeks at sea level have been very good for me. I have gotten nice and tan and I have my breath back. I am now wearing shorts and sandals all the time and it is alwasys warm and sunny we are not too far from the equator and it is just great weather we are having. It is hot but the sea breeze makes it very pleasant and the ocean is warm enough to swim in comfortably.
Peace out. I will send another update in a week or so...
Rambling Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home